Many of us think we need a huge advertising budget to have a successful grand opening. Yet, this isn’t always the case!
With over 200 grand openings and pre-sales behind me, I discovered that it all comes down to the camaraderie that is built within the club’s staff and member community. If the staff is motivated and excited about the upcoming grand opening, this spills over into member motivation and excitement. This can inspire members to bring along their friends and family, which can further member sales and build that community.
So, with that in mind, here are my top takeaways that I’ve learned over the years:
- Plan your Sneak Peek Party two to three weeks before the Grand Opening Party.
- Create a digital plan to promote a sponsor of a new member referral program.
- Start a countdown to the Grand Opening Party 10 days out to create awareness and excitement (10 more days, 9 more days, 8 more days, etc.) to use on social media and email/website blasts.
- Offer Free Guest Days for the first opening month.
- Engage the community with grassroots marketing pieces using various vehicles.
- Provide digital offers for first-time guests.
- Offer founding member specials right up until the Grand Opening, then raise your prices in phases.
- Invite corporate partners and local business owners developed through grassroots efforts.
- Provide swag to attendees to continue to establish your brand in the market.
- Make it fun! Consider a live DJ (DJ can help to co-promote via their own channels), decorations, a photo booth, a prize drawing, samples, demo classes, and fitness challenges!
Have you done these for your grand opening week? Will you?
If you want help with leveraging member sales and retention, get in touch with me today!